Thursday, June 5, 2014

Goblin Valley



When I say I needed this trip, I really mean I NEEDED THIS TRIP.  You may know that this past winter was pretty hard on me.  The scenario was that Dave was gone all the time.  We were like two ships passing in the night, and then on the weekends, he would leave to study at the library.  I was working overtime to save up money for the kitchen floors.  Changes at work made things uber stressful.  Basically, I was overworked, tired, stressed, and just lonely too--of course, loving being around my little guys, but needing that connection with Dave--you know, adult, meaningful conversation anyone?  Plus...it. was. winter.  This past winter, is the first time I can say I have really recognized myself as being depressed.

So, with Dave's graduation outta the way, and summer in the air, I was just itching and ready for life to change--dramatically.  And in some ways it has, for sure, but of course, not as quickly as I would like.  Chomping at the bit, is what I am.  Anyway, I had this deep longing to go down to the desert and camp.  I wanted to be with just my little family, secluded and happy.  But, ugh, I just kept thinking about all the work it would take to get there, and then we'd only stay for one night.  Could we actually pull it all together and go?  I really didn't think so.  And even though, when I thought about not going, I would really sad and angry almost, I found 1,001 reasons not to go on this trip.

That's where Dave came in and saved the day.  I don't know if he sensed how much I needed to get the hell out of town, or what, but where usually he is pretty whatever about things, in this he was like, "Let's go."  "We're going."  "We are doing this."  And I am so grateful for it. 



2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing this video - what a great way to capture the trip! And what a guy to know you really needed to get out for a mini-adventure. I think I am constantly itching for life to change so can totally relate - maybe I need to share this post with my guy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video! Good way to kick off the Best. Summer. Ever. Happy things are on the up and up!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...