Monday, December 22, 2014

DON'T POSTPONE JOY


Working on catching up on posts from the last while, feeling like I need to type something current, just to type and because I want to.  Not because I have to.   Because I have to type out our summer, and our Idaho trip, and Leland's 2nd bday.  And I want to--but right now, it's more like I have to...so...yeah...

It's Christmas time now, and feeling all the things I usually do this time of year.  Excited, stressed, excited, ready for calm, ready to put away my credit card, and yet, strangely not ready to put away the tree.  You know how it goes.  I'm typing here on my bed, with Jude curled at my feet because he just got up to use the potty and doesn't want to go to sleep back in his bed.  Leland is still bouncing away in his crib.  And Dave is down in the dungeon working away.  If you want our nightly routine, you got it--pretty much.  I should be in bed, like asleep and in bed, and not in my jeans typing on my computer in bed, but I like it this way.  Night time is my time, and there just ain't no quitting my owlish tendencies.

Hmm.

Thoughts bouncing around in my head, just what to write?  But I guess I just wanna say just how really genuinely happy life is at this moment.  Our house feels like a home, one that I can rest easy in most of the time without a running list of projects to do in my head.  I'm happy to say that and mean it.  It's funny, just how this home affects my mindset.  I have this little magazine cut-out up on our board that my mom gave to me when Leland was just a week or two old and I was a hormonal mess...all I could think about was the overwhelming amount of things to do to the house and the underwhelming amount of resources we had to do it (time and money, folks).  It's just this little orange square, with a white background, and black letters saying: DON'T POSTPONE JOY.  Such a tiny little square, and to be honest, such a duh! statement, but also a real gift.  I've liked the reminder, and truly needed the reminder so many days throughout these last 2 years.

Here's to a happy Christmas full of love and moments of true joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...