Thursday, February 19, 2015

Footsteps up Millcreek



I found myself suddenly lucky enough to go to The Narrows backpacking with the family.  And that was the main motivator to quickly get out of the house and up in the mountains.  I mean, not like this one little hike was really going to get me in better shape, but it definitely did break in these ol' muscles of mine and sorta just help with the soreness that was to come.


One afternoon, my dad, the boys, Juno and me.  We drove all the way up the winding road into the canyon, parked our car, then started to walk.  Ten minutes into the hike, Jude was complaining that we had been hiking "all year" but then, when the trail actually started to climb, we couldn't keep up with him! So it goes hiking with kids, the pace can change quickly, moods will swing, but hey at least we are outside.  Leland happily lounged off my back in the Ergo most of the time, while my dad and I soaked it in and chatted about this and that.






As I type this out now from my viewpoint in Feb. of 2015, I'm thinking what a gift it was that I chose to get out of the house, and not just do the daily tasks around the house that can really grind into my brain and ruin my mood (that never-ending to-do list!).  Because I do remember debating whether just to do laundry and hang.

But, here I have a set of pictures and a golden memory of a simple afternoon, on a beautifully cloudy(ish) day in early July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...