Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Welkomen


I dunno why, but I like titling posts in other languages.  This one I actually know--from my Dutch days, and it's in reference to my aforementioned blank slate. Two months later, I'm happy to report a finished product.  


For this wall, I wanted someone standing on the porch to be drawn in past the entry way and on into our home.  I like to think of it as our welcoming wall.  And I do find it pretty welcoming. 


Much like our gallery wall, it is mostly a bunch of family photos.  Which I lurve.  I've said it before, but it feels soooo damn good to get these things off of the screen, and onto something real.  These photos give a visitor a glimpse into life at our home...that, and probably the kajillion cars, puzzle pieces, trains, sippy cups, and Tupperware lids lining the floor along the way.  It gets messy here folks, real quick.


Some other things that made the cut this round:

A reminder to live simply--cardstock and a sharpie and I was done.  
A beautiful butterfly that my dad brought back from South America when I was little.
A little painted pot for a fake succulent in real dirt. ;) 
My little hanging plant holder that took me two tries to get it right.
And a giant canvas of me and my babe--It's grainy, and textural, and figured I'd love seeing this my whole life--Leland all small and perfectly melded into my arms--so I splurged.  It's 24 x 36, and helps add much needed visual height to the room.


So, now that this is all up, and Dave is all done with school, I guess I have no more excuses.  Let's get surrrrrrious about the elephant in the room.  It's time to pick out some kitchen/entry flooring...


5 comments:

  1. Man I love a good ledge. Especially one filled with eclectic finds and a good, grainy picture (seriously, why don't more people embrace the grain?). And yes, please title all of your posts with foreign language, although I will always need a translation. I have no dutch days or any days to speak of.

    Okay, flooring. As picking floors is taking up a lot of my brain space for my own house, I am ridiculously excited for you to get on this one - do share...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brit, the one thing that has been on my list since day 1 is the kitchen floor! Now that the time is here, ugh...finding motivation to demo it and all that. Snap out of it, Lisa!

      Delete
  2. you do it all! looks so good. i read this and get anxiety like "man i should be doing something to my house. really love your taste girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rach, you are so dang nice. Sure am glad I got to vent it all out the other day. :)

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty little corner!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...